Sunday, November 25, 2012

SMALL BUSINESS: Unearthing Hidden Treasures

When I was young, every business was a small business.

The two big name chains were Macy’s and Woolworth’s. I was too little to really get it, but when we bought sweet sausage from the pork store, we were not only putting food on our table, but on the shopkeeper’s as well.

We now live in a time where the small business owner is forgotten because their brand is not #trending, and the consumer does not take a chance on them.

If you ignore small businesses, chances are you miss out on lots of hidden treasures.

My specialty has always been books. Not only writing them; but finding gems and exposing them for their value…that’s my thing.

When I worked for Waldenbooks, publishers would mail me early proofs. After I devoured them, I went to work promoting and selling the good stuff.

Now, in an environment where the market is saturated with indie and self publishing authors, it’s a little harder to find the stand outs, but I love a challenge. There’s a thrill I feel when I read something by an unknown and win over the readers with a review on my blog…especially the types that typically go with big titles on the NYTimes Bestseller List.

In SUKI, I write about inducting readers into a “secret book club”. 

It's true. I love finding diamonds that might have been previously overlooked, and then polishing them up until they can’t help but be noticed and wanted. It warms my heart to think that there are authors who have had their tables and souls filled because I took an interest in their skills and exposed them for the value that they hold.

I want to thank anyone who has done the same for me.

The reviews for SUKI have slowly been trickling in, and knowing that my work has affected readers as much as it has hits me deep in my core. I hope that they walk away changed in ways they hadn’t expected before picking up my book.


Don’t take my word for it.

First, read the reviews. And then get yourself a copy: http://www.amazon.com/SUKI-CF-Winn-ebook/dp/B00BJVSHPE



CF Winn is the award-winning author of The COFFEE BREAK SERIES, a quirky group of short stories meant to be read while on break or in the waiting room of the doctor’s office. Her first novella, SUKI, has been grabbing hearts and hugging souls all over the United States. 


You can now order SUKI in paperback at http://hopress-shorehousebooks.com/cf-winn/  or at BOOK REVUE, one of the nation’s largest independent bookstores, by email at info@bookrevue.com Learn more about SUKI at BOOK REVUE.  

Her blogs have been syndicated on multiple sites including The Masquerade Crew. More posts like these can be found at Humor Outcasts and The Patch where she is a regular contributor.  


FOLLOW me on TwitterFacebook, Google +, and CF_Winn on Instagram.



No comments: