Wednesday, May 23, 2012

KIDS TODAY

One day, a few years ago, I picked up my daughter from school. She immediately handed me a note. She hung her head and said, "The teacher told me to give you this."

It said:
DEAR, (long space) MRS. WINN
ISABELLA WAS RUNNING IN THE HALLS TODAY. WE (who is "we"??) WANTED TO WRITE AND TELL YOU THAT SHE IS A BAD GURL.
LOVE,
MRS. SLOMAN

It was written in my 7 year old daughter's handwriting......


     ----------------------------------------------------0---------------------------------------------------------

I was playing colors/shapes BINGO en espanol with my Preschool and Kindergarten students, when I noticed one of the kids slip something into his mouth and begin chewing. I immediately flew over to his seat and stopped the game when I asked him what was in his mouth. He shook his head while saying nothing. Again I asked and he silently shook his head, a little more forcefully this time. Worried that he was going to choke on a small button or something, I got a paper towel and told him to spit it into the paper. He did so without resistance, and when I looked for the object of the controversy, I saw a green boogie....


CF Winn is the award-winning author of The COFFEE BREAK SERIES, a hilarious group of short stories meant to be read while on break or in the waiting room of the doctor's office. Her first novella, SUKI, has been grabbing hearts and hugging souls all over the United States.

You can now order SUKI in paperback at BOOK REVUE, one of the nation’s largest independent bookstores, by email at info@bookrevue.com or by calling (631) 271-1442.
Learn more about SUKI at BOOK REVUE http://www.bookrevue.com/localauthors.html

3 comments:

Monica said...

The infamous boogie-disappearing act, a classic among kids that age :) Next time, I'm sure you'll know better that trying to save the little bugger ;)

CF Winn said...

Ha ha Monica! You're so cruel...but funny...and right! LOL

Medic2RN said...

For some kids, you'll find "boogies" on the food pyramid.